Wednesday 24 February 2010

Evalaution: Screenshot analysis

I got this clip off YouTube, its new footage of riot police attacking protestors at the G20 Summit camp and its original YouTube URL is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t244-zEENSs.
I used it because I wanted to give the impression of a mass panic outbreak in the cities. I felt it achieved this with the sheer amount of chaos, occurring in the clip. The main reason I choose this video is because of the extreme violence the police are using, and its appears as if they are trying to contain an evacuation, or an infected mob.
I am pleased with using this video clip in my film as I feel it displays what I intended and helps to give a hint of the storyline and setting of the outbreak of the infection. It managed to achieve the desired affect on the class when I presented it to them, as it seemed to grab their attention, which I feel is crucial at the beginning of a film.


Here is an example of my favourite shot of the film. During the climax where my main character is in a prone stance, unaware of the zombie that has just emerged from the shrubbery ready to pounce upon him. I filmed this shot at sunrise, so I could achieve this fantastic effect of the zombies outline casting a horrific silhouette against the rising sun, as if they are rising together to bring chaos.
The inspiration for this shot came from this image I found on the website
www.houshaunters.com/products of a Halloween window silhouette which itself, is purposed to give houses an eerie sense to passers by on Halloween.
As I was impressed by its effectiveness, I wanted to recreate my own shot that looked as similar to it as possible to build up tension as the zombie in my film is lurching forward towards my vulnerable character.I accompanied this shot with the strings segment of ‘The last Spartan’ score from the Halo 2 soundtrack. The brief section I used is composed of a string orchestra and choir which both build up in noise to quickly create a spine-chilling sensation to play alongside the zombie lurching towards my character, making the overall scene even more eerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment