Tuesday 1 December 2009

Script

Apart from the speech from the news reports, there will be very little dialogue in my film, apart from what I have written here for my own news report. Although I mentioned earlier that it will be awkward for me to film my own studio report, I will also include my own audio report that will be read out by one of my friends with no visual footage.
This report can be either a radio broadcast or an unseen television broadcast, which I will play in the background when the credits come on screen, as I feel this will make them more interesting. I have decided to write and include my own report as I feel the channel 4 news reports will not be able to give enough information for the audience to get the gist of the story, as they have to be edited to hide the fact they are real reports on entirely different matters. Also my own audio report will be read out in an American accent, to give an impression that the infection has become a global crisis.
Here is my simple script which I will use in the opening of my film:

Report 1: "...They're still unsure of exactly how it's spread to epidemic proportions. Quarantine was enforced on the city by the police this morning with road blocks across the major highways and riot police outside the hospitals.."

Report 2: "..Dismissed report of the deceased re-animating and becoming hostile to civilians have now been proven to actually be true. Reports from the city morgues and from the streets.."

There will of coarse be other sounds by my characters in the film, such as the groans and screams of the zombies as well as my main character making various anger or fear yells and other noises during the action scenes. I believe this will create an atmosphere of tension and realism.

No comments:

Post a Comment