Tuesday 8 December 2009

Possible Locations for main footage

I looked for appropriate locations around Telford to use for the main fighting sequence in film. Any locations I do not choose I will still shoot footage off, to use at the beginning of my film when footage of Brownfield sites and other useful locations will be shown on screen.

Rubble of Fugly Uckker's, Dawley
There was once a bar in the town park area outside Dawley called Fugly Ucker's, however it was burnt down and all that remains today are piles of rubble and overgrown vegetation. This is a vary appropriate location as it gives the appearance of urban destruction, and with the absence of people its has become overgrown. It is also useful as it is within reasonable walking distance from my house where my friends live, so it would be easier to arrange everyone going there to film.

Tweedale Industrial Estate
This industrial estate is even closer to where I live than the Fugly Ucker's location, and for most days a week it is quiet or even deserted. The most of the building has been graffitised on and most of area is also overgrown, again giving the impression of human absence in an even more urban area. However, there are not many places in this location where zombies could hide, as I mentioned in the storyboard, the zombies almost appear out of no-where and surround my character.


Lightmoor Retirement Castle
Again this is close to where I live, and unlike the previous two locations this stretch of land is always deserted, and there is hardly any chance of any civilians interrupting my filming. Also there is plenty of long dead grass, perfecting hiding places for zombies, which the audience will find believable. I also like how there is a random container, roadblocks and a torn down telegraph pole, all interesting features.

No comments:

Post a Comment