Friday 23 October 2009

Storyline/ Storyboard part 2

After shots panning through the ghost towns and wilderness, I will then continue with similar scenes although this time they will depict a lone survivor walking to an unknown destination, similar to this screenshot from the film adaptation of 'I am legend', although he will not be accompanied by a dog, and I may shoot this footage at night time to give a more eerie feel to the scene.
This wandering man will be the protagonist of my film, and at this point of the film the audience may begin to believe he is the only person left alive.

At this moment i had not decided if I myself well play the role of this character or one of my friends. Furthermore, this character will be carrying a shotgun (for this prop I will use one my old toy guns) and will have a rugged and war torn look to him, as I want the audience to get the impression that he has struggled to survive this long. All this time the calm piano music will still be continuing, so emotion is now felt for the vulnerability of this character and I will be using long shots to make him look even more exposed.

I will then use medium and close up shots of both the behind and front of this character as he treks onwards still in awe at the state of the world around him, relating to what that viewers first impressions were of my films opening minutes. I will also use many other dramatic camera effects such as single shots spiralling around this lone man, which will appear similar to this image of lone man in the desert here to the right. I am again capturing the barren background behind him again to emphasise the sheer lack of life apart from him whilst using different shots.

The mellow background music will then die down and sound effects such as the wind blowing will become louder as such an echoic mood will give a greater sense of emptiness in the scene. However this will soon be broken as in the distance a lone motionless figure will be seen, similar to this image of a woman dressed as a zombie I found on google to the right here.

Shocked by seeing what appears to be another person, my main male character will raise his shotgun and cautiously approach this figure (who will be dressed in white like in the above image) calling to the person to see if it is a human or a zombie. I will be continuously switching between close up shots of my main character and long shots of the mysterious white figure, which will get more frequent as the film roles on the build up tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment